Reassurance

Lydiatt House
November 21st 1852


My Dear Mrs Hatherwick

This is the briefest of notes, intended to reassure you that all is well at Blindingham.

I took the liberty of calling at the Hall yesterday afternoon and was greatly encouraged to see your Mrs Everdown hard at work cleaning the front door and steps. She is a treasure, I can tell. I did not have sight of the poor lady who used to cook for you, but Mrs Everdown and Mr Jennet both told me that she is well and, on the whole, quiet.

I trust that you and Mr Hatherwick are enjoying your sojourn in the City. Please do not feel that you need to reply to this communication, which shall not be repeated unless there is a need to disturb you. I am confident that that will not be the case.

Yours

Lorelei Cornbench

No comments:

hit counters
Office Depot Coupon